Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Not everything crafty is books!

As much as I LOVE creating books, I like to dabble in other projects from time to time. Let me just say here, I'm not always successful. Seriously, Not Successful.  As is the case with the wreath below.

The backstory - at a family reunion, I saved this deco mesh from being trashed with the intentions of creating a beautiful wreath for my house. I love the silver/blue combo and thought it would be easy! Especially after checking out tutorial after tutorial. 

This was my disaster: 




Holy cow! It was a MESS! Horrible. I packed it all up and took it to my mom, where it continues to sit in an unused chair over there.  It's bad. I've given up hope. 

Other projects turn out ok, like the banner I did for Valentine's Day. 



I love them! They make me happy! Super inexpensive, super easy and added just enough color to be adorable.  I have some other Valentine's Day plans on the horizon.  I'll share them with you when I'm done. Just wish me luck, ok? 

:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment