Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pinned It, Did It - Party Pins

My sweet niece turned one this weekend and we, of course, used Pintrest for all kinds of ideas to help make thing easier and cuter!! :)   The theme was bunnies in pinks and greens and I gotta say, Pintrest did help us - and impressed some of our guests.

BALL PIT!!!!
What kid doesn't want their own ball pit? We took a sandbox (which was Sweet Niece's gift from her parents) and filled it with balls from Toys R Us.  We spread out a quilt to out to cover the grass and kept it down with "baby jail."  I think they call them play yards but whatever. It's baby jail. The kids loved this area and spent most of their time hanging in this area.



RABBIT FOOD!!!
Who wants Ranch dressing all over their bunny cookies? Not me. So these cups of ranch and rabbit food worked out great. All the yummy goodness is contained without any of the mess. Worked great!




ICE CREAM MUFFIN LINERS!!!
Another great idea.  No pictures, but it was very cool.  We let the ice cream soften, scooped and stored the night before.  When it was time to serve, we literally walked around with the muffin tins and let people pick them up.  Folks loved it.


CUPCAKE LINER WREATH!!!
Super cute idea and it was SO easy to make. You can check out the entire tutorial here.  We used it at the end of the cupcake table with bunnies around the base of the wreath holder. SO CUTE!


This is the one I created for the party and pinned. The wreath in use is pictured below!




GIFT GIVEAWAYS!!!
So I didn't totally copy this one, but it did give me ideas for what to do at our party. We found these tins at the dollar store and I used Sharpie markers to write everyone's names on a tin. We found bunny bags on clearance after Easter and put all kinds of small items in each one - age appropriate for the child, of course.  I thought they turned out cute!


So, what do you think? Was this one heck of a Pintrest inspired party or what? hahaha.  It was a great time and I'm really glad we used the ideas found here because it did make life easier for us at the actual event!  :)  I'm linking up today and heading to check out other's people's cool ideas!


2 comments: