Thursday, June 13, 2013

{Tutorial} Baby's Feet Print - Priceless Treasures!

I usually cross-post items with my personal page, Whiskey Tango Hello, but this one didn't make it over here to Pressed Clovers.  So let me change that right now!

As you may know, Sweet Niece #2 is turning one tomorrow. So this Pintrest project involves her sweet little feet!

Here is the Inspiration Pin:


And here is my creation - a gift for my mom (the grandma of Sweet Niece):


This was so easy to do and turned out so stinkin' cute. My mom loved it! She still has it on display at her house.

Here is how to make your own -

Needed Items:
8 x 10 picture frame
1 piece of printed scrapbook paper (I used Susan Branch paper - click her name for a visit!)
1 red piece of paper
1 white piece of paper
Three buttons
adhesive (glue stick, double sided tape, whatever)
Ink/markers/paint - for the feet print
One adorable baby

I'm not going to write a step-by-step because it's pretty obvious what to do. But I will give you a few words of advice.

1) You'll need two people, one to hold the baby's foot and one to guide it into the V formation you need for this.  And be prepared because you'll have to deal with the icky foot before you move on to the next footprint because they will want to put the icky foot down on the paper again.

2) We used washable red marker instead of an ink pad or paint because that's what I had on hand.  I'm not so sure I'd do it again because you can really see the marker lines on the print. See how it looks a little streaky?  Not that my mom cared... but you know about wanting things perfect!

3) The buttons are glued to the outside of the picture frame, to the glass. :)  Just in case you didn't realize it.

So, what do you think?  It's not PERFECT but I was happy with it.  Now go visit other people's Pinned It Did It projects by clicking the button below! :)


5 comments:

  1. This is too adorable for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, PRECIOUS!! I love this idea!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe this is a very cute idea!! I'll have to remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute, the mom I nanny for loves anything with hand and feet print we might have to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I love that it is the shape of a heart! Have to remember this.

    ReplyDelete